The Ghana Evangelical Missions Association, GEMA, which was known as MISSIONFEST has launched its 30years anniversary accompanied by an awards ceremony at the Calvary Baptist church, shiashie, Accra on the theme “Ghana to the nation – fine your role”, with a verse in the Bible, Acts 1:8 on Saturday, 28th November, 2020.
Rev. Dr. Enert Adu-Gyamfi, President of the Ghana Baptist Convention, the guest speaker, said whiles giving a talk that information has become easier to access now than back in the days, thus the use of improved technological devices such as computers, phones, social media, Bible apps, and church buildings are different now.
According to him, people don’t appreciate these new life, so things are taken for granted and it’s a challenge in ministry building.
He added that demographics has changed, intercultural marriages are now common, the way we see ministry ought to be a contextual and unified way.
“The maame alata after selling on weekends gatherers her fellow traders in garages, parks, anywhere available to fellowship and also to share in the faith of the gospel.” These Nigerian traders known as “the maame alata” were the ones who brought the “faith” to Ghana.
Pastor Ray Mensa Mensah, the president of the Ghana Evangelical Mission Association also added a vision 2040 visionary to crown the event.
VISION 2040 – Through active partnership between GEMA, churches, mission agencies, Para-church organizations, individual Christians and other partners. GEMA seeks to see,
- An Evangelized Ghana without any unreached people groups.
- A strong sending church.
- A strong missionary praying church.
- A new generation of missional Christians.
- The Ghana Mission fund.
- Mission Mentoring Network.
- Worship, Prayer and Fellowship.
- Equipped missionaries for missions.
- Encourage missionaries and the church for missions.
- Revival for missions.
- Network strengthen and deepen collaboration for missions.
- Share testimonies, celebrates progress and highlight challenges.
- Mobilize commissions to the next generation.
- Facilitating the sending of missionaries to the unreached and mission fields in Ghana, West Africa, the rest of Africa and to the ends of the world.
- Mobilizing 30,000 churches to pray.
- Mobilizing 30,000 churches to send missionaries.
Pastor Ray Mensa Mensah, the president of GEMA, also added that one can also donate 10ghana cedis or more to help missionaries on the feild. Daily *887*2# on all networks.
AWARDS – EXCELENCE MISSIO DEI AWARDS.
- Ghana Baptist Convention
- International Central Gospel Church
- The apostolic Church – Ghana
- Pioneers Africa
- Living Bread Mission
- Great Commission Movement Of Ghana
- Ghana Fellowship Of Evangelical Students(GHAFES)
- Scripture Union Ghana
- Challenge Enterprise
- World Vision Ghana
- Source of Light Ministries – Ghana
- Fullstature Mission International (FMI)
- International Needs Ghana
- Christian Mission Resource Foundation (CMRF)
- The Kings Village
- Nour- Ul-‘Alam Mission of Ghana
- Navigators of Ghana
- Excellent Youth Outreach
LIFETIME OF SERVICE AWARD
- Rev Samuel Apeligeba (posthumous award)
- Rev Akase Akpenpuun (posthumous award)
- Madam Grace Adjekum
- Rev Alhassan & Mrs Cecilia Akwaka
- Rev Richard & Mrs Comfort Agyeiwaa Agyemang
- Rev Edith Enyonam larbi
- Rev Karl & Mrs Elizabeth Menyah
OUTSTANDING APOSTELLO AWARD
- Apostle prof opoku Onyinah
- Pastor Samuel & Mrs Patience Dzobo
- Pastor Jonathan Sapeh
- Yemi & Maria Ojo
- Pastor Enoch & Dr (Mrs) Lydia Anyador
- Sylvester & Naana Nkrumah
- Rev & Mrs Johnson Asare
- June Whittaker
- Rev Jeff & Mrs Laurie Korum
- Dr Margaret Mensah
- Rev James & Mrs Rose Abedingo