Today, 11th July, 2020 is a very remarkable one as God’s General, a popular and foremost Global fiery Evangelist goes home to be with the Lord at a good old age of 88 years.
Dr Morris Cerullo was regarded in the class of great Evangelists like Reinhard Bonkke. He was popularly known for his School of Ministry across the globe.
Almost all the great men of God in the persons of Bishop David Oyedepo, Pastor Paul Enenche and co, have all benefited from the ministry of this great man of God.
As we eulogize this legend, for the time being, here are just 17 things we want you to know about him.
1. Morris Cerullo was October 2, 1931 and died on July 11, 2020.
2. He was an American pentecostal evangelist who traveled extensively around the world for his ministry.
3. He was the host of Victory Today, a daily television program.
4. He published more than 80 books.
5. Cerullo was born in Passaic, New Jersey to a Russo-Jewish/Italian family.
6. His parents died in an automobile accident when he was very young.
7. He was raised in various orphanages, the last being an Orthodox Jewish orphanage in nearby Clifton, New Jersey.
8. He converted to Christianity at age 14 with the guidance of a nurse in the Clifton, New Jersey, orphanage.Soon after, Jewish orphanage directors restricted him from practicing certain matters of his new faith, so he ran away from the orphanage.
9. He began preaching the gospel at the age of 16, after claiming to have seen a vision from God, in which he witnessed people suffering torments in Hell.
10. He attended and graduated from divinity school in New York state in 1953, and began ministering with the help of his then soon-to-be bride Theresa.
11. In the early 1950s, he was ordained in the Assemblies of God.
12. For many years Morris Cerullo conducted repeated “Schools of Ministry” in several countries like Mexico, Brazil, The Philippines, Korea, Zimbabwe, South Africa, Kenya, Nigeria, Indonesia, Netherlands and many others.
13. He is married to Theresa Cerullo (born on 1951).
13. He is the father of three children, David (born on 1952), Susan (born on 1954) and Mark (born on 1957)
14. His son Mark died in 1993.
15. In 2015, at the age of 83, Cerullo toured Africa for nine days, during which time he held meetings in six African countries, preaching, holding training sessions and meeting with political leaders.
16. He is the Founder of Morris Cerullo World Evangelism and founder of Morris Cerullo Schools of Ministry.
17. His major occupation was Evangelist, inspirational speaker, missionary and author.